2.6.13

About "dieting" to get in shape

I want to say what I currently think about dieting, because friends brought it up many times lately and I thought about it.

F*ck dieting. Most people don't really need it to get in shape. It is well enough to exercise regularly. Please respect yourself and eat what makes you happy. It's a problem that people want to see results immediately because I think this is what often causes unhealthy behaviour even though the goal is to be healthier.

#eatclean ?? what does that mean anyways? I hope it means cook food at home. The fitness-hype has gone too far with classifying food as "bad food". No wonder people get stressed around eating.  Next time you think about food as bad food, please stop and give an actual reason to why it's bad.

Bread, rice, pasta - is not "bad". Why is it bad? You have to eat other products to obtain enough vitamins and minerals, but those do not contain enough energy for the day. Also if you want your brain to function properly you should know that it runs primarily on carbohydrates. "White" carbohydrates should not be eaten without fibres because they would move slowly through the intestines, which is not healthy.

Cold-pressed vegetable oil is not bad. It actually has good amounts of essential fats like omega-3 and carries vitamin content as well. If you want to restrict your fat intake then cut those that contain high levels of cholesterol.

Fast food is bad. Many times it contains loads of shitty stuff to prevent the raw ingredients from being spoiled and it's cooked in 1000-fold reheated dirty oil... all to increase profits of the company. If you make a pizza, hamburgers or fried chicken at home this is actually really healthy food. Think about the contents and motivate pleaseee.

I've heard about so many weird diets now. Eat only that and in this order and at this time... whaaat. Think reasonable. For those who want to lose weight - if you use up more energy than you take in, you will lose weight. But you don't need a hocus-pocus mumbo-jumbo-diet to succeed. If you didn't work out before, or not so much, an increase in exercise with the same food intake will get you in to shape. It's logical right??

But hey - from another perspective - I tried to lose weight once too, in the beginning of my 3rd year of high school. I had quite a lot of alcohol and gained about 5kg, which I didn't find flattering. I started to go jogging in the mornings and decided to skip carbohydrates for breakfast and lunch every second day. In retrospect my diet was too agressive. Effective yes, but once I was satisfied and went back to eating normal again (appx. 2 months) I kept losing weight. It was frightening. I have a theory that maybe after two months my body decreased the number of active channels for carbs so my GI-tract couln't absorb more. I have realised that exercise alone would have been enough to get me to where I wanted.

Dieting is not good because it disturbs the balance of the body and makes you moody and sad. Why do that to yourself when you don't even have to? Don't think like one year or two years is a lot. Insted enjoy the exercise while you do it. See how you become stronger and sharper, watch your body develop, check out hot people at the gym and feel gooood. You will be happier and you will get where you want.

Imagine this exact day but a year ago, it was a regular day like today... what if you started that day, where would you have been now? AND that is not what matters, but what does matter is that you can start any day... to get where you want and suddenly you will be there. But f*ck dieting. =)

Here's me today after three years at the gym:

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to tell you that you are already in good shape. Don't diet more unless you want to make yourself disappear from the earth planet. In the spirit of DIY Fashion: take a look at this => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mck41lv3jII I hope you like it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellu, thanks for the link.
      I think I have to change the title to the post because basically what I wrote is that I don't do dieting at all. Hehe.

      Delete

You were saying: