5.11.15

Red + true story


I only wear this lipstick when my skin is nice, and when I do... I like it a lot... this one is matte and the perfect cold red, a.k.a Rubywoo by MAC.

My mother has told me, several times (...) that bright lipsticks are evening-lipsticks and that wearing these in daylight looks cheap and tasteless. I've kind of understood what she's talking about and analyzed the appearance of a lot of girls wearing bright lips... and mostly, yes, I do agree and a light colour would have come off so much classier. But I still don't agree to 100% because a few girls can really pull it off... like Kenza, she really can.... aaanyways... I still used to wear a bright lipstick to the university occasionally...

Some semesters ago I had issues with lymphnodes on my neck and investigated that a bit. Some day realised that I had a few hours free and decided randomly to see the doctor again to discuss my blood tests. I happened to wear a bright orange/red lipstick that day (didn't on the first visit). He went through everything and said the tests were all negative... looked up, wrinkled his forehead, said we should also check for toxoplasma. And HIV. He said it like "HIIIV, HIIV", 3 - 5 times...

I was like... no... they uh, test us every year at the university... and haven't felt like wearing a bright lip during the day again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You were saying: